Chicken & Rice Casserole #dinnerrecipe #food #amazingrecipe #easyrecipe

by - Oktober 18, 2019

An easy casserole recipe for creamy rice and fork-tender chicken that cooks in one dish. No need to precook the rice or brown the chicken first – just mix and bake!


If you’ve been with me very long you know how much I love rice. It is my verrrrrry favorite food of all time! Not plain rice, mind you (though I like it too), I mean savory dishes made with rice.

My baby boy – well, he’s 12 now so I guess he’s not a baby anymore except he is because he’ll always be my baby – asked me the other day what one food I would pick if I could only have one thing for the rest of my life.

I quickly answered that I would choose rice! He opened his mouth to tell me his answer (which was probably something like Milk Duds) then stopped and just looked at me for a minute…
Then he asked if he chose rice too would that include fried rice, the rice at our favorite Mexican restaurant and chicken bog (like, who am I? the hypothetical game rule maker??). I said sure, why not?! then he told me he wanted to change his answer to rice too.

INGREDIENTS:


  • 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 14.5-oz cans chicken broth
  • 2 10.5-oz cans cream of celery soup
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2 cups uncooked white rice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • Additional salt & pepper


INSTRUCTIONS:


  1. Combine chicken broth, cream of celery soup, butter and rice in a bowl then stir to combine.
  2. Combine salt, paprika, garlic and pepper then stir well. Add HALF of the seasoning combination to the rice mixture then stir well.
  3. Spray a 3-qt 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray (or rub with butter) then pour rice mixture into dish.
  4. Cut each chicken breast in half. Season the chicken with additional salt and pepper. Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture then sprinkle the remaining seasoning combination over the dish.
  5. Cover tightly with aluminum foil then bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove aluminum foil then continue baking for 10 additional minutes. Remove from oven then allow dish to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
Source : http://bit.ly/2MPQga1

You May Also Like

0 Please Share a Your Opinion.